The Macromolecular Crystallography Unit at Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (ITQB), Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal.
The Norwegian Structural Biology Centre (NorStruct), Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Unversity of Tromsø, Norway.

onsdag 2. mai 2012

My first group seminar

The MX unit has group meetings every Wednesday at 10.00, where members of the unit present recent results or papers within macromolecular crystallography. Today it was my turn and I presented the project I have been working on for some time now, and my plans for the Marie Curie fellowship. 

Here you have a couple of pictures of crystal structures I talked about today - uracil DNA N-glycosylase (UNG) and mismatch specific uracil DNA glycosylase (MUG) from Deinococcus radiodurans (DEIRA). They were the first crystal structures of DNA glycosylases from DEIRA which were published (in 2005 and 2006), and you can read more about them by following the links!


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar