The Macromolecular Crystallography Unit at Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica (ITQB), Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Portugal.
The Norwegian Structural Biology Centre (NorStruct), Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science and Technology, Unversity of Tromsø, Norway.

mandag 24. juni 2013

This week I'm attending...

.... the 6th CERMAX practical course on basic NMR(Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) here at the ITQB. It's a bit heavy for a soft molecular and structural biology brain - its been a while since I read anything about quantum mechanics - but I already feel that it is going to be useful. Perhaps I can determine 3D structures of some of my small proteins which don't want to crystallise!

Then I will probably use the Avance II+ - 800 MHz NMR spectrometer which you can see in the picture here (from the CERMAX homepage). It is the highest field operating NMR spectrometer in Portugal and is well suited for structural studies of small to medium size molecules, and especially for determination of 3D structures of proteins in solution.

Have a spinning week :-)

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi Elin,
    I am Sara Finocchietti from Denmark. I am planning to apply to the IEF fellowships, I have already the project and the connection with a foreign university..I would like some tips regarding writing the proposal :).

    Can you please send me an email?
    My address is sfn@hst.aau.dk .

    Thanks and have a nice day,
    Sara

    SvarSlett